Third Eye Chakra is the 6th Chakra and is responsible to what we refer to as “the sixth sense”. The Chakra connects us to our internal intuitions and is responsible for the sharp senses, the ability to read the future and receive non-verbal messages. Through the Third Eye we communicate with the world and can even receive messages from the past and from the future. It grants us our sense of observation.
Representing Color: purple or dark pink
Location of the Chakra in the Body: The center of the forehead, between the eyes.
Main Characteristic Associated with the Chakra: The Third Eye Chakra’s element is light. Even though the third eye is blind, it has a deep vision because it’s directed inside. Anja governs and connects the conscious and the unconscious mind.
Third Eye Chakra in balance: When the Chakra is balanced we experience high mental ability, we are able to separate between reality and imagination and best combine logic and emotion. When we live with a balanced Third Eye chakra, we experience overall good health, clear thinking and focus. A healthy third eye chakra will encourage intuition, empathy of others and build trust in oneself.
Third Eye Chakra out of balance: When the Chakra is unbalanced we experience fatigue, day dreaming, sleep problems, lack of assertiveness, inability to listen to others, and may even often feel disoriented. When the Chakra is over active, you may immerse in a world of fantasy and even experience hallucinations.
Balance your Third Eye Chakra: Ways to increase purple energy:
- Practice Meditation to develop your intuition.
- Use aroma therapeutic essential oils such as Patchouli, Myrrh and Olibanum.
- Add purple and indigo colors to your wardrobe, even a scarf can assist the flow of energy.
- Choosing music that is classical in nature such as Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach can enhance the energies flowing to the third eye chakra.
- Gemstones associated with the third eye chakra are amethyst, tourmaline and tanzanite.