The Throat Chakra is the gate to a truthful existence, and the communication center of the body. It is the center that handles incoming and outgoing messages. Through the Throat we voice our opinions, beliefs and truths, express the self and try to make sense of this world. Speech can inspire others and add to the flow of mutual influence. A challenge of the throat chakra is to express ourselves in the most truthful manner.
Representing Color: Blue
Location of the Chakra in the Body: Throat
Main Characteristic Associated with the Chakra: The Throat Chakra powers our self expression, creativity and artistic side. The search for your inner and spiritual voice is looking for “the pure place”, the meaning of Visuddha. The Throat is responsible for decision making and the ability to speak up for yourself.
Throat Chakra in balance: A balanced Throat Chakra enables you to express yourself truthfully without fearing others, and to listen with empathy. It encourages sharing and focuses you on your goals.
Throat Chakra out of balance: An imbalance in Visuddha hides your true self in shyness or arrogance, and increases anxiety or condescension. The body might react with throat infections or teeth pains, tiredness and reoccurring colds.
Balance your Throat Chakra: Energizing ideas for your blue energy:
- Sing your throat out in the shower.
- Watch an art exhibition and share your thoughts with others.
- Use aroma therapeutic oil extracts that regenerate blue energy such as geranium, mint, lemon and petitgrain.
- Decorate your room with blue tones.
- Wear or carry a blue gemstone such as Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Blue Agate.