Base Chakra – Muladhara
The base Chakra is all about survival, instincts and stability. The Chakra’s other name is the Root Chakra since it roots the body and the soul to the earth, and draws its energy from the ground. It is your main power station and it is connected to your physical vitality and endurance. Muladhara nurtures your most basic needs and desires, first and foremost the desire to live.
Representing Color: Red
Location of the Chakra in the Body: Base of the spine
Main Characteristic Associated with the Chakra: The Chakra’s element is earth and it is represented by a square. The two combined form the Chakra that grounds and gives structure to life. It’s responsible for day to day processes such as good sexual function, self confidence and trust.
Base Chakra in balance: A balanced Base Chakra gives you a sense of security, stability and a feeling of a balanced existence.
Base Chakra out of balance: If the Chakra is out of balance you might feel unfocused, anxious and a low libido, these problems may lead to anemia, digestion difficulties, low blood pressure and even impotence.
Balance your Base Chakra
Balancing the Chakras and removing stress is a life-long process that is meant to be enjoyed daily:
- Scents and smells affect the Base Chakra; use Ylang-Ylang, rose or cinnamon bark aromatherapic oils.
- Adopt physical habits such as yoga or exercise.
- Integrate the color red into your wardrobe and home décor.
- Eat red fruits and vegetables like tomatoes and red apples.
- Listen to a deep beat music that moves your body like hip hop or Latin music.